Tuesday 29 March 2011

I'm going to Warsaw


Tram line on the main street, that connects my place to downtown is closed for maintenance. They're repairing the track and elevating the platforms, so it would fit to low-floor tram. Either way, the line is down, so I have to figure out the route of the substitute bus. Wroclaw Glowny (main train station) is being revitalized, so it's closed. There's a Temporary Train Station, pretty nice, clean and modern but also small and inconveniently located.

Finally I find myself in the train, so old that archeologists might want to hold it. Its top speed is 160 km/h, rarely achieved in practice. I have to wait somewhere in the woods, that some other train will pass. They're repairing the tracks.

Warszawa Centralna, capital's central station is also revitalized.

Sluzewiec is my final destination. I can witness the construction of expressway interchange, tram terminus station, and train stop. It will be a neat intermodal hub, when they'll finish. Mud is all over the place, the construction site spills with it, trucks brings it out on the tires, so it's difficult to pass this place clean foot.

All these obstacles are really tiresome. But on the other hand, it shows how fast this country is developing.

No comments:

Post a Comment