Wednesday 16 March 2011

Parental Hurt Locker


The baby sleeps again. Finally! So I'm preparing the bed for myself, since it's late, and I have to get up early tomorrow. 

Unfortunately my bed has happened to be a playground just a moment before, so it's riddled with toys. You know how are toys nowadays. It's not like when I was a child. We used to literally throw dirt (dry mud, to be exact) at each other. Tree branches were swords, and so on. 

Today's toys are playing sounds, every last one of them. It's supposed to be educational, but in reality it's just another way of justifying these absurd prices. I'm pretty sure neither Einstein nor Newton had any of these.  Contemporary toy designers seems to think that if it goes "beep", it can't be cheap. 

So how to dismantle a playground full of potentially very loud toys? Carefully, I'd say. Slowly. Patiently. Practice in Minesweeper is not enough, as well as watching some unrealistic Oscar-winning movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment